Art and drawing classes for kids
- Do some practice with your pencils before you begin to draw.
- Find the number at the end of your pencil and know and understand the pencil you are drawing with before you start.
- H is hard graphite (see diagram below)
- B is soft graphite (see diagram below)
- The higher the number B the softer the pencil is.
- HB is good for light outline not for shading or finishing work.
- Draw Lightly when starting a drawing.
- Don’t lean hard with your pencil on your page or you will not be able to rub out mistakes you will just make holes in your paper.
- B5 is good for shading and finished lines.
- Good pencils and good paper help produce good drawings (you get what you pay for)
- Draw what you see not what you think you see http://www.learn-to-draw.com/drawing-basics/03-drawing-with-pencils.shtml